Resort property improvements are never complete. When you have done everything possible to update a property inside, it’s time to look outside. At Field of Green, we know how to keep your lawn looking great without having to break your back – or the bank – to keep your property in top shape.
Synthetic turf is a popular alternative for many resorts. It is used for general use, play areas, and countless other areas. Despite its cost effectiveness and beauty, buying artificial grass may not have been what some resort developers considered in the past because of the allure of natural grass.
Understanding the benefits and features of artificial turf is important to making an informed decision. Here are three of many factors to consider when looking to add synthetic turf that improves the value – and lowers the cost – of maintaining a resort property.
- Research the Product. A main priority for owners is finding an attractive grass. To begin the research process, ask for samples and compare them. Find products that use natural colors with the appearance of real grass blades. It is essential that any option resembles the many layers of natural grass.The more dense the product is, the better. Most synthetic grass products use some form of infill to help support the blades. Infill is made of fine particles of rubber, sand, or a combination of the two. The denser the grass structure, the less need for the infill – and the more lush the appearance. A thick, premium backing is necessary to protect from the abrasiveness of the stone layer below and prohibits blade breakdown below the surface.
- Ask the Right Questions. It’s important to know the right questions to ask when it comes to buying artificial grass. A comprehensive system for installing the product is necessary so the installation can then be tailored to the specific needs of your property. Ask questions about what is used for base materials, seaming, and grass attachment methods. Every property is unique and offers a multitude of solutions. Initial installation is only the beginning. Selecting the right synthetic turf is a partnership, and asking the right questions helps build trust.
- Understand the Benefits. Synthetic grass means:
- no more weeds
- no worn paths where people walk
- no mud when the weather is uncooperative
- no more difficult places to mow
Choosing synthetic grass can enhance design and positively impact a resort’s bottom line, all while remaining lush and colorful all year–round.
About Field of Green
Field of Green provides innovative synthetic grass products to create better landscapes. In areas where real grass is difficult to grow or maintain due to high traffic or poor conditions, we offer a natural–looking alternative that is beautiful, functional, and durable.